FOR a memorable feast of regional specialties this weekend head to adjacent Chonburi province’s Bang Saen beach where the “Thai – Eat – Art – Gastronomy” event is taking place, Sanook! Travel columnist Peeranut P. reported today (June 29, 2018).
Arranged by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) together with Chonburi administration and Saen Suk municipality, with the aim of boosting tourism, the regional food festival starts today and continues till Sunday July 1, 2018 at Bang Saen beach’s Laem Thaen plaza from noon onward.
The activities in the 5 zones of this special event are as follows:
- Delicious local food from 5 regions with 50 restaurants participating for the full enjoyment of tourists.
- This zone is devoted to Chonburi’s local cuisine with the province’s 60 famous restaurants joining in to offer their best dishes in one place.
- This is an exhibition area where there is a demonstration and discussion about the origin of raw food. Two key topics are 10 routes to a good meal and legendary cuisine
- This is a DIY zone where tourists can try cooking easy dishes. While there is a big variety, just 600 sets have been arranged.
- There is a stage here with lots performances lined up. Chef Natty Naphawadee Phayakhaso will also be demonstrating ways of cooking each region’s cuisine in a fusion style which would help participants earn additional income.
For more information:
Call TAT Pattaya office: 0 3842 7667, 0 3842 8750, 0 3842 3990
Call TAT direct line: 1672 or visit www.tourismthailand.org/thaifest
Top: Delicious food galore at this special event. Photos: Sanook.com