IF you are in Chiang Mai this Songkran or any time after that then you might want to check out this northern city’s new landmark which is One Nimman- Crafting Creative Community lifestyle mall.
Sanook.com’s columnist Peeranut P. wrote earlier this week that this new center, built on a 13-rai plot at Nimmanhaemin road, was opened by Varisa Passakornnatee to house contemporary lifestyle and creative shops to cater to both Thai and foreign tourists.
This center is divided into 6 zones as follows:
- Hotel – There is both a 5-star 150-room hotel and an equal number of 4-star long stay residences.
- Nimman Convention Center – this is for meetings, weddings, parties and events and can accommodate 500 people.
- Artisan Street – Some of Chiang Mai’s best products and services are available here, be it fashion items designed by talented locals, or handicrafts and home decoration items. The northern city’s signature restaurants are also located here.
- One Square –This is a meeting and resting point and a good place to take photos. It is a multi-purpose zone for contemporary cultural activities and creative workshops.
- One Street Food Market – Over 50 leading street food outlets are located here.
- All One – This is a souvenir shopping area offering products Thailand is famous for.
Top and below: Various interesting corners at One Nimman- Crafting Creative Community. Photos: Sanook.com