60-year-old man dies choking on food

A BARBEQUE dinner party ended in tragedy last night when a 60-year-old member of the party choked on his food and died on the way to hospital, the Thai-language daily Khao Sod reported today (March 2).

Police investigators who arrived at his home found 60-year-old Yoo Muanketma lying dead in his bedroom around 10.00 p.m. His wife said Mr Yoo went to bed around 9.50 p.m. after the party. She later heard a loud cough.

She opened the door and found her husband in a seizure. Neighbors rushed him to hospital but he died before seeing a doctor.


Top and below: Medical staff taking Mr Yoo’s body to the hospital. Photos: Khao Sod

By Songpol Kaopatumtip

Choked on food and died