Bangkok has given a new order to temporarily shut down 31 types of businesses for 14 days. As Covid-19 numbers rise the capital city has decided to take further safety precautions towards restricting the spread of the virus. The order takes effect on 26 April 2021 and everyone who leaves their home must always wear a mask. Pol Gen Aswin Kwanmuang the Governor of Bangkok reported on 24 April 2021 on the current Covid-19 situation. From 2nd of April the Covid-19 numbers have continued rising across the nation. Just in Bangkok alone there has been 1,582 new cases in one day.
The number of new cases is rising very quickly, this means increased risk for everyone. Information reveal people have come into contact with the virus from their workplace, family, and public locations. An emergency meeting was called to help find solutions to combat the virus. The meeting has resulted in new safety precautions including the order to temporarily close 31 types of businesses.
- Theatres and cinemas.
- Fun Parks and waterparks.
- Skateboard and rollerblade parks.
- Snooker and billiard locations.
- Game and arcade centers.
- Internet shops.
- Public pools.
- Fitness centers.
- Display and exhibition centers.
- Public libraries
- Daycare centers
- Daily nursing homes
- Boxing stadiums
- Martial art schools
- Tattoo shops
- Dance schools
- Buddhist amulet centers
- Beauty clinics and weight loss clinics
- Massage shops
- All types of sport stadiums
- Meeting rooms
- Banquet Rooms
- Malls allowed to open from 11.00 to 21.00
- Beauty salons services are restricted to haircuts, hair washes, and no customers allowed to wait inside.
- All types of sport centers.
- Public parks
- Convenient stores allowed to open from 5.00 to 22.00
- No gatherings of above 20 people in parties, camps, filming crews, TV recordings, and religious activities.
FB Caption: There is a long list of businesses and locations that must be closed for 14 days.