The Food and Drug Administration of Thailand (FDA) and the Consumer Protection Police Division reported the discovery of a large source for unregistered medicine which is illegal and can be extremely dangerous due to the production medical company is unknown including no research evidence for such medicine.
The police received information about an illegal medical business that was selling unregistered medicine into the market. The investigation team then followed the tracks left behind and discovered a large source that sells unregistered medicine in Thailand. The people behind the illegal business will be called in to revoke their medical licenses or the certificates used to back their careers.
Dr. Tharet Garasnaiyawiwong and Dr. Surachok Tangwiwat from the FDA worked with Consumer Protection Police Division lead by Police Colonel Vinai Wongbhupa and other police divisions. Together they finally discovered an illegal medical source that was putting unregistered medicine out into the market. The team went to 2 locations that were pointed out by the investigation police.
The First location is PreMed Pharma at On Nut, Suan Luang District, Bangkok. Here is the list of unregistered medicine found.
- Prednosone Tablets USP. 5 mg / 383,000 pills / Small round orange pills
- Unknown medicine / 449,000 pills/ Small round orange pills in a White container with no Label
- Unknown Medicine / 228,000 pills / Round orange tablets in white plastic bags with no label
- Unknown Medicine / 68,000 pills / Blue pills in a white container with no label
- Lidocaine Viscous 2% 100ml / 110 bottles
- Unknown Medicine / 58,000 pills / Round flat pills in a plastic container with no label
- Unknown Medicine / 22,000 pills / Round Yellow Pills.
- Aurocoxib 200 USP 200 mg 100 Capsules / 1,300 pills / There is a label that states made in India, but no registered label.
- Unknown Medicine / 15,000 pills / Green pills
- Prednosone sticker label USP. 5 mg / 450 Labels / The Label states “Made in Jordan”
- DEXTRO Dextromethorphan HBr Tablets 15mg sticker labels / The Label states “Made in Jordan”
- Tramal Tramadol Hydrochloride Capsule 15mg sticker labels / 20 Labels / The Label states “Made in the USA”
- Diazepam Tablets 2mg sticker labels / 27 Labels / The Label states “Made in Coroco”
- White medicine in powdered form in 15 Kilogram tubs / 2 tubs / No Label, but there are two numbers of “370” and “334”
- More Medicine sticker labels and equipment used in the business.
The 2nd location was also in On Nut, Bangkok where blue pills were discovered in clear plastic bags. 835 bags of pills were found, each with 1,000 pills inside coming to a total of 855,000 pills. Together the team seized over 2 Million unregistered medical pills worth at least 5 Million THB.
According to the Medicine Act B.E. 2510, the punishment for selling unregistered medicine is imprisonment not exceeding 3 years and a fine not exceeding 5,000 THB, or both. If the prosecution process discovers that there is Type 4 Psychotropic Substances in the lot of seized medicine the punishment will increase to 2 to 10 years of imprisonment with a fine of 200,000 to 1 Million THB.
FB Caption: Together the team seized over 2 Million unregistered medical pills worth at least 5 Million THB.
Source: Workpoint News