Warning! Do not eat Durian while drinking alcohol.

A man went into shock after eating durian fruit and drinking alcohol. These 2 must not be enjoyed together and many do not realize that. This includes the man who went into shock while still sitting at the table. Somsak 48 years old from Prachinburi Province was drinking rice whiskey and ate a piece of Durian. He started having trouble breathing and then went into shock. His friends who were drinking with Somsak and his daughter nearby were shocked when he lost consciousness. They helped perform CPR before calling the Kabinburi Hospital to send an ambulance on 28 April 2023. 



Khaosod News Team received news that Somsak is now safe. Somsak reveals his boss gave him some durian as a gift after work. He came home and drank about 2 glasses of white whiskey. Then he remembered the durian and he grabbed a piece. He had about 4 bites and then not long after he went into shock. He couldn’t control his body and was delivered to the hospital. The doctor informed him to never have durian and alcohol together as the combination is very dangerous and can result in even death. He is fine now and will never combine the 2 again. 



Somsak wants to warn others as this is durian season. There are dangerous foods you must not pair together and this is one of them. He still has some chest pain and is tired. Durian is high in fat and carbohydrates and alcohol also has high calories. Consuming the 2 together raises your blood sugar levels very fast. There is sulfuric acid in Durian that can affect the body’s metabolic process. This can have a negative effect on those with existing health problems. Symptoms include flushed skin, nausea, trouble breathing, and even shock. 


Credit: Khaosod


FB Caption: Durian and alcohol are both high in calories. 


Source: Khaosod