THE sky over Hua Hin will be filled with eye-catching kites during the Thailand International Kite Festival taking place from Friday to Sunday, March 23-25.
Organized by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, the fun event is being held at Hua Hin’s Army Non-Commissioned Officer School.
These are the highlights of this eagerly-anticipated annual event:
- Fancy Kite Show: This year, the event will see 20 kite flying teams from many different countries, including Switzerland, Germany and France. Among the displays of beautiful kites from all over the world will be giant kites in the shape of super heroes and cartoon characters as well as in geometric forms
In addition, there will be stunning musical performance of revolution kites and a show of stunt kites with fliers who will compete to show off their high-speed flying skills.
- Chula and Pak Pao show: A show of unique Thai kites which will be dancing in the sky, accompanying by Thai classical music Pi Phat ensemble.
- Kite Exhibition: The exhibit applies interactive multimedia technology in telling the story of Thai kites in an enjoyable way.
- Kite Art Fun and DIY Activities: Try a hand at making, drawing and painting a kite at the Kite Kid Paint corner, create limited edition of art pieces at the Do It Yourself (DIY) section, or learn how to make a boomerang and how to throw it at the Boomerang Workshop.
- Wind Garden: an activity to design a ground decorated with wind-playing arts like kites and materials that can be moved by wind, sound producing pieces like turbines, mobiles, bells, etc., and see the professional wind garden decoration.
- Family Fun Kite: an activity that provides an open area for kite flying families to enjoy themselves together.
- Ringside Kite Tour: an activity that allows tourists to see kites in the kite flying field, stay at close range to the kites, take photos with the kites and world-class kite flyers.
- Food Trucks and Music: a caravan of mobile food shops that offer signature menus of Hua Hin. There are also utility items, ornaments, and local handicrafts for sale, as well as shops from the communities in Prachuap Khiri Khan. In addition, enjoy light music and a relaxing ambiance of Hua Hin.
- Kite Weekend Market: See and buy kites at many colorful kite stalls.
Top: Some of the kites that will be flying over Hua Hin this weekend. Photo: INN News
In-text: Eye-catching kites set to take off during the festival. Photo: Tourism Authority of Thailand