100 students with diarrhea delivered to hospital

A large group of students from a local school in Nakhon Sri Thammarat Province was sent to the hospital after they started getting diarrhea one by one. The students developed food poisoning after they all had boiled eggs made by the school. Some developed symptoms on the same day while some started vomiting and diarrhea in the morning at school. The incident took place in the main city of Nakhon Sri Thammarat. One of the teachers hired a Song-thaew truck to deliver primary school students to the Nakhon Sri Thammarat Hospital on 27 February 2020. As more and more students got sick, some were sent to other hospitals as almost 100 students were sufffering from diarrhea.


Credit: INN News


One of the parents stated that her child had diarrhea and was throwing up non-stop. Many students started showing symptoms before lunchtime arrived. As more and more students started becoming sick, the teachers decided that the students needed to see a doctor. The INN News Team interviewed teachers at the school who all revealed that the students had boiled eggs made by the school, students returned home and started getting diarrhea while many developed food poisoning symptoms on the next day at the school.


Credit: INN News


Students were vomiting at school along with rushing to the toilet. There are students with food poisoning symptoms in grade 2 to grade 6. 51 students have been sent to the Nakhon Sri Thammarat Hospital, more than 30 students have been sent to the Nakhonsithammarat Municipality Hospital, and 50 students with mild-moderate diarrhea are on home remedies. One student has been admitted to the hospital with severe diarrhea and dehydration. Hopefully, all students make a quick recovery from the food poisoning and the school figures out a method to stop this from ever happening again.


FB Caption: More than 100 students had food poisoning from boiled eggs.


Source: INN News