10m baht loss in furniture factory fire

A FIRE broke out at a furniture factory in On Nut area this morning with a short circuit suspected as having sparked the blaze that cause over 10 million baht loss, INN News reported.

The owner of the factory, Sirahat, said workers alerted him about the fire at his 10-rai factory, which is in On nut soi 46, at 7 am.

These workers heard a loud explosion at the circuit breaker in the furniture assembly equipment and parts storage area, after which the blaze spread very quickly.

Police and firemen quickly rushed there and took over an hour to put out the fire.

Sirahat said his factory, which employed 200 workers, has been building furniture for decades, both exporting to Asian countries and selling locally.

He added that he now intends to get better firefighting equipment.

While a short circuit is suspected as having led to the blaze, forensic police are still ascertaining the cause.


Top: The furniture factory’s storage area ablaze this morning. Photo: INN News