A wild deer was found dead in the Kun Sathan National Park, Nan Province. Officials at the park were notified of the deer found near the National Park’s entrance. It is a male deer weighing about 200 kilograms, 135 centimeters from ground to shoulder length and 230 centimeters long measured from the head to the tail. The deer is estimated to have died for about 2 days.
Officials went to retrieve the deer and to find the reason for its death. There were no injuries on the body but the deer’s fur had been falling out and one of the hooves had a large scar that might have come from ripped skin. The kidney, heart, and lungs were all irregular. The shocking discovery was 7 kilograms of garbage found inside the deer’s stomach. Some of this included plastic coffee packs, instant noodle plastic bags, a lot of plastic bags, black garbage bags, clothes, rope, and underwear. The deer must’ve collected this collection of garbage for years while he was searching for food.
Officials and the vet team currently estimate that the death is caused by Intestinal obstruction and old age. The garbage inside has been sent in for testing to find if there was poison in the food or any other infections connected to the deer dying.
Every day we see news about animals dying as a result of our reckless littering and overuse of single-use plastic. It seems that even animals living in national parks cannot escape this slow and painful death process. Visitors that plan to visit national parks or those planning to go camping are recommended to throw away their garbage in designated trash bins, this is for the good of the animals and to keep the attraction beautiful for a long time in the future.
FB Caption: Plastic coffee packs, a lot of plastic bags, black garbage bags, clothes, rope, and underwear were found inside the deer’s stomach.
Source: INN News