American paraglider injured in Korat
AN American man who was paragliding at Khao Sadao in Nakhon Ratchasima province, or Korat, was rescued and quickly sent to the hospital after his glider’s parachute suddenly folded as he got near the ground, causing him fall onto the corn field below, Thai News Agency reported today (Sept. 13, 2018).
Rescuers quickly took Mr Michael Marino, 56, to Sikhio Hospital where it was revealed that he was checking out this area to organize a paragliding competition, but got injured when his paragliding kit malfunctioned.
Top: Rescuers taking the injured American paraglider to the hospital. Photo: Thai News Agency