Free laundry service ends with a bang
RESIDENTS in Bangkok’s Soi Intamara 36 were jolted from their beds around 2.15 a.m. today (Sept 3, 2018) by a deafening noise from a laundry shop which opened for service only three days ago, the Thai-language Daily News reported.
Washing and drying machines on all three floors of Otteri Wash & Dry as well as five shophouses were severely damaged. Eight laundry shop clients were injured.
A lot of people queued up to get the free service since the shop was opened.
Police investigators said the laundry machines might have overheated and exploded. “It was a miracle that no one was killed,” they said.
Top: The debris from the explosion of washing and drying machines litter the road. Photo: Daily News
By Songpol Kaopatumtip