Israeli Mafia suspect confesses to stabbing victim

ONE of the two suspected Israeli Mafia gangsters has admitted to stabbing a fellow countryman to death at Koh Samui last Sunday with his teammate driving the Honda CR-V utility vehicle that chased and hit the motorcycle the victim and his companion were riding, the Thai-language Matichon daily reported this morning (Jan. 24).

The deceased Israeli man, Maor Mallil, 34, and had just been released from jail after serving a 20-month sentence for attempted murder and had come here on a holiday with Miss  Rachael Osana, 31, but the suspects, Dolev Zuarez, 24, and Eval Bokal, 25, found out and followed them here.

Zuarez has now confessed that he stabbed Mallil to death while Bokal drove the vehicle.

Both the Israeli murder suspects and the deceased Israeli man and his companion are members of rival Mafia gangs in Israel with the killing stemming from a turf war there.

Meanwhile Deputy National Police Chief Pol. Gen. Chalermkiat Sriworakhan will personally supervise the crime reenactment today, with this being undertaken by a hundred police officers led by the head of Surat Thani provincial police Pol. Maj. Gen. Apichart Boonsiroj.

The planned reenactment will take place at 6 spots on the tourist island as follows:

  1. Where the murder took place on Chaweng Beach-Choeng Mon road in front of Samui International Hospital;
  2. Where the suspects left their car in front of Mankhong housing estate 3;
  3. An apartment at Bophut beach where the suspects were staying;
  4. An intersection at a road leading to Chaweng beach behind Thai International Hospital where the suspect switched their car to a motorbike as they tried to escape;
  5. The fence of International School of Tourism Koh Samui where the suspects threw their bag;
  6. The car rental company from where the suspects rented the vehicle and motorbike used in the crime.

Police added that the 2 suspects were heading for the Philippines from Don Mueang Airport when they were caught.


Top: The 2 Israeli suspects at a Koh Samui police station. Photo: Matichon