Loy Krathong horror story, fireworks explode in hand leaving 1 finger behind.

A Loy Krathong horror story that took place in Mae Sot District, Tak Province. The local police received notification of a fireworks accident on Loy Krathong night. The injured person is a police officer who tried to light a flare but it blew up in his hand leaving just one finger behind. The incident happened right in front of a girlfriend and his friends. Officials arrived at the location and found a large group of people surrounding the injured person. The man’s left hand was bleeding and the damage was so bad skin was hanging showing the bones underneath. Officers performed first aid care and delivered him to the Mae Sot Hospital. 



At the incident location there was a lot of blood on the ground and remains of the fireworks. Evidence was collected as part of the case. A member of the local rescue team revealed the injured person is a police officer at a police station in Tak Province. The officer went to celebrate Loy Krathong with his girlfriend at the Mae Sot Reservoir. He brought 8 flares and started lighting them. It didn’t go as expected when there was a loud sound and it blew up in his hands in front of all the friends. 



Police received many complaints from villagers across the province on fireworks. The fireworks went on all night causing sound pollution to those who are trying to celebrate Loy Krathong peacefully and those sleeping in their home. Locals were also afraid that the fireworks would cause harm to other persons or animals. Officials have asked locals to avoid lighting fireworks on Loy Krathong night. Those who chose to use fireworks normally do it anyway but it is impossible to stop every person in the country. 


Credit: Sanook


FB Caption: The police officer tried to light a flare but it blew up in his left hand and now he has 1 finger left


Source: Sanook