The Royal Thai Army’s Phamuang Unit has stepped up measures to stop illegal immigrants from entering the six Thai provinces of Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phayao, Nan, Uttaradit and Phitsanulok, The Chiangmai News reported yesterday (Sept 14, 2020).
The measures are:-
- Installation of solar cell lights to enhance the unit’s performance
- Installment of barbed wire along the border
- Increase the number of soldiers to monitor entry points and checkpoints along the border
- Join hands with subdistrict headmen and village leader to stop illegal migrants
- Seek cooperation with Myanmar officials to stop illegal migrants from entering Thailand