Young girl ate Orbeez and had to get surgery.

A young girl ate Orbeez and had to get an emergency surgery to remove the Orbeez. The mother decided to share her story as a warning to other parents. She did not realize her daughter had swallowed Orbeez which are called baby crystals in Thailand. The Orbeez were swallowed dry and started to grow in the stomach. This caused an intestinal obstruction and could result in death if not treated. Facebook user named “Kai Kattaleeya” posted as a warning on 18 January 2023. The warning is to remind parents to pay close attention to their young children at all times. The young child still remains in the ICU but is now recovering. 



Soon she will be moved to a regular patient room. The mother started knowing something was wrong when the girl started vomiting and could not eat anything. She took her child to the hospital and the doctor gave her a CT scan. The scan showed an obstruction in her intestine, this required an emergency surgery. They realized the obstruction was Orbeez. The girl had ate dry Orbeez that expanded in her intestine. The surgeon had removed Orbeez with a diameter of 3 centimeters. Orbeez are really popular among young children as they are very small but expand many times their size in water. They are fun to play with and can be squished. 



Kai stated young children will often eat anything. This is a big lesson for her and she will be watching her daughter’s every move from now on. Kai stated “I bought the Orbeez for my older daughter who is 6 years old. She uses it for her plants because of the vibrant colors. I dont know how or when she ate the Orbeez. Some might have been dropped on the floor while I was opening the packet to place them in water. It is a really unexpected incident and I have no excuses. I will remember this pain until the day I die. I thank the doctor for realizing what was wrong so fast. These Orbeez will continue growing and could’ve killed her if I didn’t bring her to the hospital in time. I am a mother and my children are the most important thing in my life. The doctor really helped save my heart”. 


Credit: Khaosod


FB Caption: The Orbeez caused an intestinal obstruction and could result in death.


Source: Khaosod