Young man killed by charging mobile phone

A YOUNG Thai man died after being electrocuted in his sleep as he held a charging mobile phone on his chest, reported today (Feb. 7).

Pol. Capt. Rueangsith Naviratvithaya, deputy investigation inspector at Bor Win station, and rescuers rushed to a condominium in Si Racha district in adjacent Chonburi province after being alerted of the accidental electrocution.

There they found Mr Phiraphat, 31, lying dead on his bed and holding a plugged in cell phone on his chest.

His cousin Mr Thavorn, 26, told police that he last met the deceased in Jan. 28 but was not able to reach him on his cell phone since Sunday Feb. 4.

As the company he worked for also called to say that he had not come to work, this morning he went to his condo but found it locked and his cousin would not open the door. He then asked the condo management to use a spare key to open the door and found him dead on the bed.


Top: The mobile phone which killed Phiraphat while it was charging. Photo: