A fireworks warehouse blew up in Phichit province due to the current extreme hot weather. The main chemicals that reacted with the heat are Potassium Nitrate and Sulfur. No one was hurt from the incident but nothing was left standing after the fire stopped.
The Dong Pa Kam fire station was notified on the 14th of this month about a fire that started in a warehouse located in the area. The firefighters drove to the location with their fire trucks. They later discovered that the fire started from an explosion inside the building caused by the extreme heat and the chemicals inside the fireworks.
There were also special pieces of equipment that were used in fireworks production and motorbikes that were destroyed in the fire along with the fireworks. After the first explosion, it is estimated that the other fireworks were ignited from the explosion and blew up in a chain reaction effect. The metal roof blew to different directions around the warehouse, scattered along with the pieces of the wooden walls that used to exist.
Luckily, no one was hurt in the incident as the warehouse was empty at the time. The pieces of the warehouse flew into the neighbor’s house and broke some of their windows. Banyat the owner of the fireworks warehouse reported that when the warehouse blew up he was outside of the building. He realized what had happened when he heard a loud bang from his warehouse.
Banyat thinks that it must be the heat that caused the warehouse to blow up. The police were notified of the explosion. When they came to the warehouse, the police discovered that the license for such warehouse had already expired. The license needed to be renewed every annual year. The police stated that the Potassium Nitrate and Sulfur used in fireworks could have reacted with the extremely hot weather. Further evidence will be submitted to a lab for confirmation on the cause of the explosion.
FB Caption: When they came to the warehouse, the police discovered that the license for such warehouse had already expired.
Source: Workpoint News