This year Children’s Day did not go as expected at Nak Nimit Temple School in Bangkok. Over 30 students were delivered to the hospital for food poisoning. They all had the same food which is a box of stir fried instant noodles. The noodles were given for free in front of the school. Parnni Nilsit the Principle of the school notified Bangmod Police of the incident on 13 January 2022 at 11.00. The school was asking for assistance from police after many students suddenly had food poisoning symptoms after eating. Most were vomiting, stomach pain, and had dizziness. Police notified a nearby hospital for ambulances and went to the school right away.
Students stated that food vendors were handing out free food in the morning as Children’s day is coming up. This was in a market located in front of the school. It was stir fried instant noodles with crab and vegetables. Many of the students ate the dish inside the school. Not long after they all started to have food poisoning symptoms. The school called for help from the police and a nearby hospital. They also notified the Department of Health in Bangkok to help evaluate each student to see if they needed to go to the hospital. Parents were notified to come pick up their children from the hospital and those that remain at the school.
Villagers stated they saw dozens of children vomiting and crying. The students stated there was a food vendor who usually sells fried chicken and sausages. She wanted to give students free food for children’s day. After about 2 hours they started to feel nauseous and then many started vomiting. The local Ruamkatanyu Rescue Team came to help and made sure the students were safe. The 1669 emergency line was called to send ambulances. Hospitals that helped included PMG Hospital, Somdejprapinklao Hospital, Siriraj Hospital, Bangpakok 1 Hospital, Bangpakok 9 International Hospital, Charoenkrung Pracharak Hospital, Ratchaphiphat Hospital, and Taksin Hospital.
FB Caption: The children all ate free food given out for children’s day.