A fire burned away over 10 Million THB worth of damages at a mansion by the Chao Phraya River in Nonthaburi Province. A part of the riverside mansion lit up in flames on the morning of Chinese New Year (24 January 2020) at around 10 am. The Nonsi Radio Station received notification of a fire in the main city of Nonthaburi. The local Nonthaburi Fire Station sent their firefighters to the home right away.
The team arrived at a 2-story house on 16 rai of land (6.3 acres). The fire was coming from the main living room on the 1st floor. Almost the whole room was destroyed in the fire, taking with it 2 sets of Louis style furniture, Louis style curtains, a large chandelier, a set of elephant ivory placed on a stand, teak furniture, brand name bags, and other room decorations amounting to over 10 million THB.
The source of fire is estimated to come from an air conditioner located inside the house, left behind burnt, from overheating. The owner of the home Suree 60 years old who is also the owner of the famous Owl Night Market stated that the fire started at about 9.30 am. At the time he was outside on the land for Chinese New Year. This is when he saw smoke coming out from the windows. The gardener and his employees tried to use the hose in the garden to put the fire out but the water pressure was too low. The fire seemed to have come from the air conditioner that had been on for about 1 hour and blew up.
The home is about 20 years old and right beneath the air conditioner were curtains. Luckily no one was inside at the time. Officials put out the fire in 20 minutes using 6 fire trucks.
Caption: The team arrived at a 2-story house on 16 rai of land (6.3 acres). The fire was coming from the main living room on the 1st floor.