Check your ceiling fan

A YOUNG woman in the northern Thai province of Chiang Mai today (August 30, 2018) advised her Facebook friends and readers to regularly check their ceiling fans to avoid the same shocking incident that she encountered two days ago, Chiang Mai News reported.

“It was around 5 a.m. when I was woken up by the sound of a heavy object falling on my bed. I opened my eyes and saw the ceiling fan resting close to my head,” she told the paper.

“One of the fan’s blades caused a cut just above my left eye, which required ten stitches in hospital,” she added.

”For your own safety, regularly check your ceiling fan or other electrical equipment,” she added.


Top: The woman who was injured when her ceiling fan fell at dawn, right, and the fan hanging just above her bed, left. Photo: Chiang Mai News

Below: The ceiling fan that suddenly fell and injured the woman at dawn. Photo: Chiang Mai News

By Songpol Kaopatumtip

fan falls