A fire started in a Singaporean mall located close to the airport. The fire began in a food booth in the food fair event hosted at the mall. Luckily only 1 person was hurt from the fire and has now been confirmed for a safe recovery.
The fire started in a food booth where it continued to spread quickly through the mall. The local firefighters were called in for help. The authorities did not take long until they were able to safely control the flames. Although the damage was minor, the mall had to temporarily close down for a few hours in order to properly ventilate the smoke that filled the mall for the safety of customers and the mall staff.
The fire started in Tampines Mall, a mall located close to the Changi Airport in Singapore at around 4.30 pm on the 18th of this month Singaporean time. The fire broke out in the middle of the mall where the food festival was located. The food booth belonged to a food store that joined the fair by setting up a cooking booth for its customers.
Luckily, the customers along with all the mall employees were able to exit the mall on good timing. The authorities worked quickly and were able to control the flames in under 30 minutes. The mall had to temporarily close down to clean out the damage and to properly get rid of the smoke that was still trapped inside.
The customer that was injured from the fire was delivered to the hospital safely. Tampines Mall reopened at 7 pm on the same day and has confirmed that the mall is now safe and ready to open for business as usual. The mall has not confirmed what the main cause of the fire was, but it is estimated that it was a mistake in the food cooking process from the food fair.
FB Caption: Tampines Mall reopened at 7 pm on the same day and has confirmed that the mall is now safe and ready to open for business as usual.