Monk electrocuted while cleaning temple

A 52-year-old Buddhist monk was electrocuted while cleaning the grounds of his temple in the coastal Thai district of Si Racha in Chon Buri province this afternoon (Oct 5), the Thai-language daily Thai Rath reported.

The incident took place at Wanghin Temple at 1 pm while monks and temple boys were cleaning the temple grounds in preparation for a major religious ceremony tomorrow morning.

The tragedy happened when the monk tried to plug in the hosing machine. He died on the spot, said fellow monks.


Top: People pray for the monk who died today. Photo: Thai Rath

By Songpol Kaopatumtip