Pattani Provincial Governor Rachit Sudpoom today (May 1, 2021) announced that a curfew and seven measures will be imposed on May 3, 2021 to prevent further spread of Covid-19 in the southern province.
As of yesterday, there were 83 Covid-19 patients, and 54 of them are in Muang District. More than 300 residents are also waiting for medical check-ups. The situation has caused fear among the local people and several shops have closed down.
Pattani Governor Rachit Soodpoom had a meeting with a communication disease committee and imposed 6 measures as follows:-
- Other provincial visitors coming to Pattani must report themselves to checkpoint officials.
- Curfew is imposed from 10.00 p.m. to 4.00 a.m. of the next day.
- Customers of food shops and tea shops must take their food and drinks home.
- Gathering of more than 20 persons is not allowed.
- Convenience stores, supermarkets and night markets are closed from 10.00 p.m. to 4.00 a.m.
- Service establishments will be closed until the situation returns to normal.
These measures will be effective on Monday, May 3, 2021.
Police, soldiers and local officials will set up checkpoints in the Pattani municipal area. Anyone not wearing a face mark in public will be fined.