A family was shocked when they were enjoying dinner and there was an explosion. The transformer was near a buffet restaurant. Customers inside all ran for their lives as they didn’t know where the explosion came from. A customer inside the restaurant revealed to Khaosod News Team on 5 June 2023 on what took place at the incident. The man was eating dinner with his family and had been inside the business for about 30 minutes when the power went off. He decided to start taking pictures and he thought it was a normal power shutdown.
Then sparks started to come from the first floor. He walked to a window and there was fire coming out of the transformer located in front of the restaurant. An employee inside the store stated, “There is a fire”. Customers inside the restaurant all started running out of the restaurant and headed to the stairs. They were all afraid that a fire would start on the 2nd floor or inside the restaurant. The customer stated he was scared but believed it was still safe as the fire was still at the transformer. He let children and the elderly walk down the stairs first. Other customers were also reminding each other to remain calm and not run.
They all peacefully walked downstairs and no one was injured in the incident. Good citizens used the restaurant’s fire extinguisher to put out the fire near the transformer. They were able to put out the fire after 15 minutes. Because of how the customers responded and the fire did not spread into the restaurant, the outcome was good. Employees asked for all the customers contact information to contact on the cost of the food and other expenses that may be related to the incident. The customer admits he was scared but had to remain calm as he needed a clear mind to keep his family safe.
FB Caption: The customer admits he was scared but had to remain calm as he needed a clear mind to keep his family safe.
Source: Khaosod News