This year’s Loy Krathong is near with the official date set on November 11. Chatri Wattanakajorn from the Environment Department reported on 24 October 2019. Bangkok will be opening 30 public parks for locals and tourists to participate in the long cultural festival this year. The people can spend the Loy Krathong day with their family and loved ones floating Krathongs in public parks as a thank you sign to mother earth.
Opening the public parks and allowing the Krathongs to be floated into designated waters will help manage the trash situation in the morning after. City workers will be able to clean up the remains of the celebration as the Krathongs will float in ponds and pools, instead of rivers and natural waterways.
Here is a list of public parks open from 05.00 – 24.00 on Loy Krathong Day.
- Lumpini Park, Pathumwan District
- Chatuchak Park, Chatuchak District
- Suan Rod Fai Park, Chatuchak District
- Suan Pranakorn Park, Ladkrabang District
- Queen Sirikit Park, Ladkrabang District
- Suan Saranrom Park, Phra Nakhon District
- Ramini Nat Park, Phra Nakhon District
- Santi Chai Prakan Park, Phra Nakhon District
- Thonburi Rom Park, Thung Khru District
- Serithai Park, Bueng Kum District
- Nawamin Phirom Park, Bueng Kum District
- Suan Nong Chok Park, Nong Chok District
- Benjasiri Park, Khlong Toei District
- Bung Krathi Water Park, Min Buri District
- Suan Phraya Phirom Park, Min Buri District
- Waree Phirom Park, Khlong Sam Wa District
- Suan Rat Phirom Park, Nong Chok District
- Chalerm Phrakiat 6 King’s Park (Phra Nakhon), Bang Kho Laem District
- Peace Park, Ratchathewi District
- Ramintra Sports Park, Bang Khen District
- Rommanee Thung Si Kan Park, Don Mueang District
- Chaloem Phrakiat Mahatthai Park, Prawet District
- Suan Wantham Park, Prawet District
- Thawi Watthana Garden Park, Thawi Watthana District
- Suan Luang Rama 8 Park, Bang Phlat District
- Bueng Nam Park at Lat Phrao 71, Lat Phrao District
- Sirinthara Prueksaphan Park, Bangkok Noi District
- Suan Chaloem Phrakiat Park, Bangkok Noi District
- Suan Chaloem Phrakiat Park, Sathorn District
- Bang Khae Phirom Park, Bang Khae District
Locals and Tourists can join in the Loy Krathong celebration from before sunrise at 5 am and join in sunrise watching at any of the parks mentioned above. The parks will remain open until midnight. It is best to float natural Krathongs made from banana leaves.
FB Caption: Citizens can join in the Loy Krathong celebration from before sunrise at 5 am until midnight on November 11 of this year.