3 kg of plastic bags found in dead deer

A Facebook member yesterday (August 21, 2019) posted shocking photos of a dead deer found by Khao Yai National Park officials, the Thai-language daily Thai Rath reported.

An autopsy revealed that the deer died after consuming more than 3 kilograms of plastic bags and spoons, apparently discarded by park visitors.

This case is similar to the death of a dugong baby named Mariam, which died after eating plastic bags.

“It’s about time that we stopped discarding garbage, especially in reserved forests and national parks,” said the Facebook member.