Beware of electric short-circuit

A 36-year-old woman and her 13-year-old son narrowly escaped death yesterday (July 31, 2019) when their TV set exploded and triggered a fire while they were watching an entertainment program, the Thai-language daily Khao Sod reported.

It took fire-fighters about 20 minutes to extinguish the blaze, which started in the second-floor bedroom of the boy.

Police investigators said the wooden house and its electrical wires were very old. They advised the house-owner to replace all electrical wires with new ones.